How It Works (Cameron County Only)
The Notifiable Conditions Dashboard comes into play whenever a practitioner’s office or medical facility receives information indicating that a patient may have a notifiable condition.
For example, if a patient receives laboratory testing that indicates the presence of measles, the authorized Dashboard user would complete the following steps:
- Fill in reporter details
- Fill in practitioner details
- Provide facility location
- Complete patient demographics
- Include laboratory test results and other supporting documentation
- Submit the information to the county with the click of a button
Designed to take just a few minutes, the Dashboard allows for almost instantaneous reporting with an unmatched level of accuracy.
In our example, this type of prompt reporting would trigger a rapid response from the county to pinpoint and respond to a potential measles outbreak, potentially saving lives and minimizing further disease spread.